Well, it has been a few months since my first installment and I can now cross one more goal off of my list!
5. Get a new tattoo.
I now boast a couple of tiger lilies with my favorite quote on my rib cage and a skeleton key on my inner bicep. (Notice the quote and blog title…)
I am very excited about my recent additions. It’s true what everyone says, tattoos are addicting!
That makes three that I have already achieved! Now, let’s continue with my list, shall we?
11. Make a change in my career. With speech-language pathologists, once you receive your license, that can be it. That’s not enough for me. Whether I switch paths or find a way to further my career within the realms of what I already do, I don’t care, but I will not be happy doing the same thing that I am now in five more years. I need growth.
12. Learn a new language. I would love to be fluent in something other than English. Most other countries learn at least one other language as they grow up; so, why don’t Americans? Narcissism. I took Spanish and French courses in middle and high school, sign language in college, but I am no where near fluent in any of these. Spanish would likely be the most practical language, but I am leaning towards German as it is the language of my ancestors.
13. Allow myself some pampering at least once a month. This starts now. I recently had a spa day with a friend (courtesy of my loving boyfriend) and realized that I really do need to treat myself more often. Thanks to my neck sprain, my massage therapist gently told me neck and upper back is a hot mess that needs some serious attention. Well, it’s time I give myself that attention.
14. Watch a sunrise and a sunset on a tropical beach. Fingers crossed that this will be happening next week! Ryan and I are going away for a much needed vacation. I’m sure the sunset will be no problem. Getting our asses out of bed for sunrise might be a different story…
15. Maintain a regular yoga practice. Part of my quarter life crisis was that my mind just does not stay quiet. I find yoga beneficial in SO many ways, but really need to establish a routine. PS- anyone know where to get great yoga leggings for cheap? I am not okay with spending $50+ for pants in which I am literally going to sweat my ass off.
16. Try an extreme sport. This might be one my sister will get in on. I’m not sure I have the balls to sky dive like she wants, but maybe paraglide or parasail? That could be fun…and maybe safe? Who am I kidding? I’m a chicken.
17. Be a mentor. I would love to help an under privileged youth realize her potential.
18. Visit the West Coast. I have never been past Chicago! With friends and relatives in California, it’s about time we made out way out there. While we’re there I would love to go to Oregon and Washington, too. Any suggestions?
19. Attend a music festival. In 2012, Ryan and I went to Lollapalooza in Chicago and it was an amazing experience. Maybe this time we could try Coachella, Bonnaroo, or SXSW.
20. Have a baby. I suppose this isn’t something that HAS to be done before 30, but I would really like to start a a family before then. Only time will tell if this one works out!
Anyone else made a list or have similar dreams? Do share! Stay tuned for the rest of my list 🙂