I know I have been doing a lot of lists lately, but this one is pretty essential. One of the biggest perks of working in a school is the time off throughout the school year. I have been loving my vacation so far and was very sad when Ryan had to return to work this morning. Everyone should have a Spring Break! And here’s why:
- We all need a mental break from work once in awhile.
- Vacations reduce stress which, in turn, increases productivity.
- Who doesn’t like to travel?
- Or just sit on your butt for a few days?
- The house needs a good cleaning after being closed up all winter.
- Winter was horrendous this year and I think we all need a little time in the sun right now.
- If you have kids, there’s quality time to spend as a family.
- Or if you work with kids like me, there’s quality “quiet” time without kids around.
- Sleeping in once in awhile is essential to human sanity.
- Your health can improve from reduced stress.
- Work, work, work with no play makes for a lame day.
- Time to catch up on all of your favorite shows.
- Or binge watch movies if it’s rainy that day.
- You might remember why you liked your job in the first place.
- Work on developing a new or existing hobby.
- Enjoy the afternoon sunshine for once!
- Cook a fancy meal without rushing to prepare it after work.
- Forget your road rage by avoiding rush hour traffic.
- You could finally clean out your wardrobe of 10 year old ill-fitting clothing.
- You can get in touch with yourself again and find what makes you happy without the pressures of a work week.
Why do you need a Spring Break?