Alright ladies and gents, after a six month hiatus and WordPress losing my post, I think it is time that I post the next ten things I want to do or achieve before I hit the big 3-0. Check out my update to see how I am doing on the first ten bucket list to-do items.
Let’s start right where I left off.
11. Learn a foreign language. I’m starting this round off big with a tremendous aspiration. In high school I took courses in both Spanish and French, but ultimately did not go far with either. The longest actual conversation I had in a language other than English was to tell the maid in a hotel that she didn’t need to finish cleaning our room because I needed to take a shower. Pretty sure I butchered my pronunciation. Has anyone had success with Rosetta Stone?
12. Pamper myself once a month. This will be an ongoing goal, of course, and I will try my best to stick to it. Ry so kindly bought me a spa day for my birthday and it was an amazing afternoon of indulgence. I don’t have to do an entire day each month. Heck, I can’t afford to do a whole day each month, but a little something would be nice. Especially since my massage therapist told me my neck and back are “all sorts of messed up” after my serious case of whiplash.
Watch the sunset on a beach. This was in my original post that, so sadly, was misplaced, but has since been achieved. Ry and I went on a glorious vacation to St. Thomas last week and had a prime view of the sunset from our beach side dinner one night. There isn’t anything more beautiful.
14. Eat at a 5 Star restaurant. I can’t even express how much I love food. This would be the ultimate date (and probably break the bank).
15. See a show on Broadway. I have seen plenty of off-Broadway shows. I have been to NYC a ton of times. How have I not seen a show in the city by now?!
16. Find my inner yogi. I recently took a couple of hot yoga classes and, after getting past the early “I might pass out” feeling, couldn’t believe how refreshed and at peace I felt. I bought a new Manduka mat to get myself started.
17. Get a raise. I wish this one didn’t sound so impossible. I have taken on even more responsibility at work, but still with no compensation. I know I work for a non-profit, but I need to grow a pair of balls and demand that my work receive an appropriate value.
18. Pay off my credit cards and keep them paid off. The eternal battle. It seems I have carried a balance on one of my cards for the last five years. I would like to be more financially solid and paying off my debt is one of the first steps.
19. Go to an awesome festival. Ry and I went to Lollapalooza in Chicago almost three years ago and it was one of the coolest experiences ever. Another music fest like Coachella or SXSW or maybe a badass world-renowned beer fest would be so amazing.
20. Travel alone. Go somewhere all alone, turn off my phone, find myself. Not that I’m lost or need to do some soul searching, but I think people now-a-days, including myself, don’t know how to just be. Where should I go?
I’m developing a pretty lofty list here! Do you have a bucket list? Or suggestions to add to mine?